2017 BW4BG College Shower and Scholarship
Each year the Black Women for Black Girls giving circle (BW4BG) together with the Youth Development Foundation (YDF) hosts a college shower and award a $1,000 for five (5) black girls who are graduating college-bound seniors.
The Black Women for Black Girls giving circle is a philanthropic group of women who donate their time, talent and treasure to the positive development of black girls in New York City. (www.bw4bg.org)
The College Shower is our way of counteracting the allure of teen baby showers and promoting the importance of education as a means of increasing theprobability of successful life outcomes.
- Students must be a member of 2017 Graduating Class
- Students must be accepted by an accredited college/university or junior/community college.
- Students must complete and submit application online by 8:00PM on April 7, 2017
- BW4BG Committee will select five (5) applicants who have submitted the best responses.
- Students will be honored at the college shower BW4BG event held in July.
- Students will create a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift registry of items needed for school and the BW4BG members will purchase items.
- Students will have an opportunity to select items for either prom or graduation from the
Elegant for Prom project hosted by Harlem Haberdashery.
- Will receive a $1000 scholarship from the Youth Development Foundation upon the successful completion of the 1st semester in college with a 3.0 GPA or better.